Wednesday 29 June 2011

Having Some Fun With Google

Admit it ! Come on, Google is a recognized symbol of the Internet. It is etched into our brains now, whenever we face doubts. We don't turn to books or libraries anymore. We simply " Google it " :)

Admittingly, I have to say it does make us somewhat lazy , now that we no longer go through the books manually but yet we expect the answers to be readily available and spoon feed ourselves with it.

But, don't get me wrong. Google is a brilliant piece of work. Not simply because of its role as a search engine but the fact that it has other roles to it, other services. A vintage example is the Google Translate tab. Fantastic tool whenever I feel like translating between languages (Although I'm waiting for Latin ! Come on, I wanna sounds like Ezio :).

A feature that I most definitely like about Google, is the fact that you can go search through the news archives. Yes I know, what sorta lad would waste his breath searching through old newspaper articles ?
Well, I'm a lad that likes his history :)

I go search about how the olden times were, especially in Bahrain. In fact, according to Google, Bahrain was only mentioned in Western Newspapers in 1935 (Something to do with a football derby, I think :P ).

Which makes me wonder... Was life in the olden days better ? Well, I'd know my mates wouldn't like a place where there's no PC or any PS3 within sight. They'd go ballistic!

This flower was pink , two days ago! But still, my photography
But I guess asking myself this is because I don't like Change. Of course, sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. I don't like it when good things disappear, such is the case when you lose a loved one. But change is inevitable, and the only thing that would never change in the universe, is Change (that and the coldness of space!).

But in the words of Obama , "Change we Can", so it looks like I need to change this summer. Hmm... I wonder if the library is open...

Ah well, enjoy this shot I took yesterday. Come on, this flower was pink two days ago!!!

Meh.. I'm out :D

Update: Another reason to love Google. They make pretty fun doodles. Like the Guitar one! (Click Here if you want to play it again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment