Sunday 24 July 2011

Books again and my journeys

Hey, its me again.

Yeah, I know. I haven't posted in a while, completely my fault. Been busy much in the past few weeks. Sorta ironic for summer, don't you think so?

So, now that I've finished reading those books I bought, I've bought some more! Yes, I know, "Dude! You read too much" will be your usual expression... yeah but I love history :)

I bought a book on the American Revolutionary War, since I never really understood the thing aside from the fact that the colonists won and the British lost. Imagine the irony these days :)


Perhaps its one of those mysteries of life, like what is the purpose of an eyebrow ?
Actually.. that IS a good question...

I also bought another book (what? They had a booksale!) about the History of the Arabs, and it is so huge that I'm frightened of reading it :(

But recently, I got into studying about my own country's heritage, culture and history. Yes, I made a visit to the Bahrain National Museum.

And I can say for a fact that it isn't what I imagined it to be. It was honestly a fun thing, creepy to say it but I felt like it was fun, learning about Dilmun, about Tylos , about Bahrain's ancient history and lifestyles.

The 1932 Buick car, located in Bahrain's National Museum.
Often a times, they seem brilliant compared to nowadays.
I even snapped a picture of a 1932 Buick car given to the late King of Bahrain.


And I have to say it, it was a much better experience than, say, 4 years ago (School field trip, don't ask :)

Or it could've been because of my lack of history at the time... I don't know.

Ah, why can't there be a History course here in Bahrain ? Or perhaps, should I setup my own ? :)

Oh the hassle boredom is.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe you reminded me of myself during teens :P I love history, I score A for that subject at my final year in high school, it's quite a rare occasion coz most students hate history! I'm currently into reading Chinese ancient poems :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, History is fun :P
    I even blog about it on my other blog (http://intlhistory.blogspot.com/) if you're interested in checking it out.

    I don't post much here, sadly :(
    Not enough time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete